Recently someone said to me, when I told them that next month it will be 3 years since we started our adoption, "Well, that's good you've had all that time to make sure that you are really committed to doing this."
What? This isn't a whim, or something we felt bad about. This is our child. When someone decides to start trying to get pregnant, and then their baby is 2 weeks over due, could you imagine if someone said to them, "Well, at least you have this extra time to decide if you really want your baby or not." That mama would straight take them out.
And if that sounds crazy, then imagine, that I feel like my pregnancy is 2 years overdue. This isn't a "what if" that we're dreaming about. This is our child. I know I haven't seen his/her face yet, but I can physically, emotionally, spiritually feel him or her. Our child is real and just as much a part of this family as Maizie and Lucy. We don't have 2 children of our own, and an adopted child. They are ALL our own, just 2 are biological, and one is through adoption.
We are madly, deeply, and CRAZY in love with our child. We pray that tomorrow we see his or her face. In all reality, it really could be tomorrow, or it really could be September. I hope it's tomorrow ;)
Remember that the "paper pregnant" women around you, are just as emotionally pregnant as the physically pregnant ones. If you want an adoptive mother to love you, when listing all the people expecting this year, list her among them. She will feel so treasured and understood. ;)
Keep praying big with us. We need paperwork to start coming out of the region that just opened up in Ethiopia. Let's pray for a flood of referrals, that Hannah's Hope would be absolutely FULL!



I surely am praying for a RUMBLE this week for AGCI mommas! Let's start some labor. :)
ReplyDeleteLove this Jessica! Yes! Let's get some labor started!
DeleteWe are so thankful for your family accepting His call. I wish I could say that these comments only occur in the beginning stages of adoption, but they continue throughout the journey. This is an incredible road you have decided to travel, filled with love so amazing and heartache so profound. Again, blessings on your family for heeding the call, and we pray that this arrival is hastened!
ReplyDeleteOh-my CAT. Can't believe it has been 3 years. I still remember the day I first watched the Lucy Lane gotcha video and sobbed at my desk and had to share it with someone. If only I were younger........ I'm so proud of you and can't wait to see that little face of love staring back at me. He/She will be such a blessed part of the Besk/Blincoe family. He/She will have much to teach us all about life and will be used by our Heavenly Father for great things. Believe it!
ReplyDeleteAnd you blessed our lives forever by sending us that video! Love you Julee!
Deletelove love you. I'm praying that the 5th Besk will be home so soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sarah!
DeleteOh Catherine - I so know. These statements are hard... and happen unfortunately too often. Once you're past these and bring your baby home, you get introduced to a whole new set of comments. sigh. But, God has a plan and is bringing you YOUR child - and we will keep our eyes focused on that!
ReplyDeletePraying God gives you peace as you wait. It WILL happen and there will be a big celebration going on!
Thank you Kimberly! Yes, I need to keep my eyes focused on God's perfect plan!
Delete