Sunday, March 31, 2013

Are you there God? It's me, Catherine?

“Are you still there God? It's me, Margaret. I know you're there God. I know you wouldn't have missed this for anything! Thank you God. Thanks an awful lot...
Quote from "Are you there God? It's Me Margaret."
”

My heart has been hurting over a few things lately. Sitting around worrying about them didn't help. Making my stomach twist into knots as I sit there and try to figure out the future was not productive. Finally, I opened my Bible, and I immediately found my answer. Imagine that Catherine, you went to the Word of God, and heard His voice. Ha! Sometimes, I am still a baby needing milk. I often forget that "I don't got this." God has got this. HE, not I, holds the whole world in His hands. Hallelujah!

It's crazy how I repeatedly drown out God's voice with busyness. I forget my main priority, and start the day off on my own saying, "Oh, I'll just do this, and get back to that in a bit." Yeah right! You have to carve out the time to read God's Word, and when you do, it is LIFE ALTERING! I find peace, reassurance, direction, joy, help, guidance, humility, LOVE and TRUTH. When I start the day off reading my Bible, I start my daily conversation with the Lord, and then it trickles down throughout my day, as I talk to God, thank Him, surrender again, ask for forgiveness.... It just sets the tone and changes everything.

Thankful to God on this blessed day. Not only did He leave us His Holy Word to guide us and reveal His plan for our lives, but He held nothing back, by sending His Son to die for us. Anyone who believes that Jesus died on the cross and rose again will live forever with Him in Heaven. It is really simple:

"For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, whoever believes in Him, will not perish, but live forever." John 3:16

I have so many precious friends that believe so many different things. That is their choice and their right, but what kind of friend would I be to them, if I didn't share what I believe with them. If I
believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and no one gets to the Father, but through Him (John 14:6)...I can't keep that to myself. It would mean that I am selfish and don't care about my friends. If I truly love them, then I will share what I believe with them, out of love and respect, also taking the time to hear what they practice and believe. You can always ask me anything out of love and respect. I would love to keep the dialogue open with anyone that is curious about what we believe. I am not a Bible scholar, or a theologian, but that's what is so neat. It's all right there written out for us. All we have to do is pick it up and read it! I would love to challenge you, if you are the least bit curious about the God of the Bible, and His Son Jesus Christ, get a Bible, say a simple prayer...like, "God, if you are there, please show me. I want to know if this is all real. I am curious and want to know more. " If you come in with an open heart, God will meet you there. Please feel free to message me anytime!

I love you all!
Blessed be the name of the Lord!

1On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8Then they remembered his words.  LUKE 24:1-8

"Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit..." (John 20:19-22)


2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing person Catherine, I love your sweet heart. God is using you and Kenny in ways you may never know. Have a wonderful Easter with your sweet family. He is Risen,
    xo Kathy Wysuph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, dear friend! Isn't it awesome how Jesus comes to us! He is Risen!

    ReplyDelete