Friday, April 26, 2013

Gotcha Day videos

This morning I just can't stop crying. I am so ready to see our child's face. So, I thought I would share some inspirational Gotcha Day videos to encourage and share hope. Whenever I forget our purpose, I watch one of these to be reminded that our child is at the end of this incredible journey. All of these families adopted through the AGCI Ethiopia program, and I have had the blessing of meeting all of them, but one.

My sweet friend Andrea who blogs at www.babeofmyheart.com and is currently adopting an almost 2-year-old from China. She is the founder of createdforcare.org, which is an adoptive mama retreat that CANNOT be missed!

Katie Dunlap, who received their referral on the same day they joined the waitlist!


They brought home Mareto in January, 2011, and just brought home a little sister, Arsema, just a few months ago. She blogs at laurencasper.com




Our dear friends the Bentley adopted Selah in 2011, and just finished adopting 9 year old Abby. They moved to Ethiopia to serve women and children and you can follow their journey at www.steadfastlove.org

Here are a lot of my peeps that I have come to know and love through adoption:




There are so many more that I love, we will start with these =) Some of my other faves are on Vimeo, but I don't how to add those on Blogger. Hope these inspired you!

So after I wrote this, a very old and dear friend sent me this text:
"Cat, I can't even tell you what a huge feeling I got today that you will be getting a phone call. And SOON. I saw your child in my dream last night. So beautiful. So perfect. Almost here, like any second. Just so you know, you are so close. God is righter there with your child and they are smiling and so excited to see you. Their eyes are smiling they are so excited! Just wanted you to know. It is happening And soon! Love you my friend."

Sweetest and most encouraging words. Thank you Netty!






1 comment:

  1. oh now I'm in tears from these videos! but, happy tears :). thank you for sharing your hope and encouragement. Praying with you that your child's face will soon be in a photo on your fridge and then he or she will finally be in your arms very soon!!!! XO!

    ReplyDelete