Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I Know Your Name


Have you seen Moana? If not, do it. I cried during it, after it, and any time I see this video. It is moving.

"Who You Are," from Moana. This. Song. Right. Here. Just take a moment to watch this whole clip. It is just so good.



Moana sees the angry fire monster, but she sees through the anger. Read the lyrics...

I have crossed the horizon to find you
I know your name
They have stolen the heart from inside you
But this does not define you
This is not who you are
You know who you are


Isn't that our God? He would cross the horizon to find you. He knows your name. The world will try and steal your heart. Sin can weigh you down, and you might show anger to the world. You are covered in dark and heavy, but God sees you. He says, "This does not define you. This is not who you are. You are mine. You are beautiful. I have made you whole again. You are protected, covered in my great love for you." He wants to lift that burden, and as you give your heart to him, he gives new life and you are set free like Te Fiti. Free to be who you are. Free to share your gifts and passions with the world. Don't you want to be wild and free for Christ?

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"

I think that the world would be a more beautiful place if we tried to see the heart of people more often. People will present anger, but it is usually out of fear, sadness, doubt, or preexisting hurt. I want to bring more grace to people and think in my heart, "this is not who you are." 

And to my non-believing friends, here is some unsolicited advice - Don't let Christians influence your view of Christ. Sometimes Christians do things in the name of Christ that are hateful and hurtful. Jesus was never filled with hate for His people. He came to show us love and be love.
Christians are just humans too, and they will get things wrong, and they are in daily need of Christ. I get things wrong all the time. I freak out on my kids and lose my temper. I can be lazy, and unmotivated. I have to daily seek God and fill my heart with truths. When you choose to give your life to Christ, it doesn't mean that everything is suddenly fixed, it means that you have grace and forgiveness and unconditional love. It doesn't mean that life will now be "blessed and easy." God never promises easy, but He does promise to never leave us or forsake us. Check out the Bible for yourself. Ask God to reveal Himself to you, even if it at first feels awkward and silly. I promise you that He knows your name. He sees who you are, and He already fiercely loves you. 

It just takes my breath away, that the God of the universe would do these things for me...

I have crossed the horizon to find you
I know your name
They have stolen the heart from inside you
But this does not define you
This is not who you are
You know who you are


Sending you all so much love today.




P.S. Moana comes out on video next week. I am in no way affiliated with Disney, and I do not make money on my blog. I just truly loved this movie. There are so many wonderful and silly parts for the children, but there is a deeper, overall take away. Let me know what you thought about Moana.

No comments:

Post a Comment