Thursday, January 12, 2017

Can't Stop the Feeling

At first, I think I thought that we would have to sacrifice everything when we moved to Thailand....

We were leaving our family and friends behind and going to serve God on the other side of the world. Yes, it is a huge sacrifice, and of course we miss our loved ones, but there have been so many blessings along the way. I just wanted to share a couple recent ones,  because they are so good. My dear friend Rory that I met from our adoption journey, (they adopted their son from China) was planning on coming out here for a visit. She had one empty suitcase, so we asked her to fill it with Trader Joe's snacks from dried apricots, dark chocolate covered almonds, to THREE bags of pirate's booty, and we would just pay her back when she got here. When she arrived and the kids went crazy and it was Christmas morning all over again, I brought her the money, ands she said, someone that we don't even know, heard what we are doing, and covered the cost! How fun is that? God cares even about snacks.

My sister was to be induced on Friday, January 6th. I was traumatized that I would not be there. Yet, God knows my heart. He knows what my sisters and nephews and niece mean to me. He knows that I can hardly stand it. Molly set her phone up on a ledge behind Sara's head, and I was able to hear every sound, every cheer, and even the first cries of my first niece. I wept for joy and the girls jumped up and down on my bed. I was transported to the birth room, and it was the most incredible, powerful, and beautiful thing. God knew.

Camp Hammer was the highlight of my childhood. Not only my childhood, but young adulthood. I met my husband there for goodness sakes! I came home early last summer with the kids, so that Maizie could attend. This year when I went to register, Eric (the director) Rae (the registrar), informed us that since we are now Twin Lakes' Church missionaries, our children can attend for half the price. That means when Lucy gets to go for the first time next summer, the 2 of them will cost the price of 1! What?! And then in the morning when we woke up, we discovered that someone had not only paid for Maizie to go to Camp, but also given her money for the snack shack!!!

And then the blessing on top of all blessings. In becoming a Twin Lakes Church missionary, there was one stipulation. One of us would have to come to Aptos for their annual missions' conference in January. That's right...HAVE to. ;) Ummmmmm, OK!!!!! Do you see? Not only did I get to see my niece, Sawyer Skye, come into the world...I am going to meet her when she is just 2 1/2 weeks old. God knows my heart. He knows the way I love. He is not going to take everything away because we said yes. In fact, we have seen Him bless us more abundantly and lavished His love up on us, more than we could ever have imagined.

'Til then I'll be singing...

"I've got that sunshine in my pocket
Got that good soul in my feet
I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops, ooh
I can't I can't take my eyes up off it, moving so phenomenally
Room on lock the way we rock it, so don't
Stop"

I really hope you sang that as you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment