Friday, October 15, 2010

We're MOVING!

About 3 months ago, we were told that we would need to move to a 3 bedroom if we wanted the chance to adopt a boy. We said, "OK!" and gave our notice. Well, things didn't go in "Catherine's time." We didn't find a place that we thought fit our needs, and was in our price range. So, with many tears, I once again resigned "My Plan," to wait on God's plan. We moved in with my parents to save money and search for the right home for us, and........we've found it. God has provided the perfect place in HIS perfect time, beyond what we could have imagined. We thought for sure our days of living near the beach were over. We had 4 important things on our list: a great school, a 2 car garage, a place to play outside, and of course in the right price range. Let me just tell you all about our new home, so that you can know that God can and will go beyond your heart's desire.

So, it's in La Selva Beach, in a townhome community. There is a private path down to the beach, a pool, a hot tub, 3 tennis courts, a basketball court. We have a 2 car garage, a great deck that overlooks the State Park, where we can run and ride bikes. Doesn't this sound like a place where we can raise our children? It's so amazing! I'm not telling you this to brag about our new home, I'm telling you all of these wonderful details, to bring glory to God. Because, this house is definitely from Him. AND, it's $50 LESS than we were paying in rent before!! Can you believe it?!!! Thank you for your prayers and encouragement along the way!

I was able to contact AGCI (our adoption agency), and our wonderful coordinator yesterday and tell her the great news. She's going to help get us back on track and tell us what we need to re-do as far as paperwork goes. So, as of October 30th (moving day), we will be back on track on our adoption journey! Hopefully we will be able to get settled quickly and schedule our home study! I'm so grateful and excited. Baby boy or baby girl, we are trying to get to you as quickly as we can! We love you, and pray for you and your birth mother everyday.

I want to end this post in a thank you to my incredible parents that immediately opened their home to us. We are so blessed to have been given this chance to live here, and I want to write down some of my favorites!!

The Top Five Reasons Living with my Parents was GREAT!!
5. Saving Money
4. Mom's Cooking
3. The Laundry Fairy
2. Having a Support System when Kenny has to work late!
1. Not waking up Lucy from her nap when I pick up Maizie from preschool!!!

We love you Mom and Dad (NaNa and PaPa)!!

6 comments:

  1. Catherine, it is so wonderful to see how God's perfect plan is unfolding. This is such an encouragement to me right now! Thank you for your example of faithfulness, and true joy in the midst of some potentially difficult times! You are such a gift! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. it's so amazing. i am so happy for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine, God is so good to His children. He gives abundantly, pressed down and over the top exceeding our wildest dreams. All we have to do is trust and get out of His way. God is so good! Jeff and I are so happy for the two of you.
    God Bless You! Debbie Dunton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so happy for you lil Cat. You are in my thoughts and prayers, always. I love that you will be back on track with your adoption plans and bringing home the next member of the Best/Blincoe clan. We love him/her already. Please remain calm and cool during the move into your dream location. God is with you. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are SO ecstatic for you guys, this place sounds amazing! Benjamin and I will have to come over and play :)God is so good, and I can't wait to meet your new addition some day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah your from CA!! There aren't many of us. We live in Santa Barbara County. I have actually been to the area you live, my friend let us stay at the time share her parents own in Aptos. Very nice area! Glad you are starting the process!! -Brittany, adopting baby girl from AGCI

    ReplyDelete