Yes, this is easier said then done, but I wish you could have been with me last night. I was blown away by people that I've never met. We had our benefit concert to raise money for our adoption. Our dear friend Dan, set it all up. His band, Dangleroot played, and Hurricane Roses. What an incredible night! You have to go to hurricaneroses.com, and listen to their music. Their CD is coming out in November or December. You'll love it! And, hopefully we'll be able to purchase a Dangleroot CD sometime soon as well!! All of the band members donated their time and their talents. They were all excited about the cause, and were so encouraging to us. Thank you all! That alone was so amazing. But, it just gets better.
At the end of the night, the bartenders donated their tips to us. The bouncer came up to me, and pulled $30 out of his pocket. The club manager, donated his wages for the night! These weren't my close friends. These were people that I've never seen before, who run a bar in downtown San Jose. They were so excited for us, they gave their time and money to help bring our baby home. I can't wait to take our child back there one day, and take a picture with these angels, disguised in ways that the world might call intimidating, or unapproachable. The club manager is this big guy with tattoos all around his face. Some might assume that he is "scary" or cross to the other side of the street when they see him. I think it was actually I who scared him, because when I was introduced to him, I wrapped my arms around him. He was really just a big teddy bear. He didn't even hesitate when Dan asked him about doing our concert. How can he not be an angel in disguise that God has sent to see how we will respond? Whether a person has tattoos all over their face, has a crippling disability, is a different culture or race then we are, or practice a different faith - let's start looking each other in the eye and listening and learning before we make any snap judgements. I certainly learned an amazing lesson last night.
I want people to know that I believe in Jesus by the way that I treat them. I want to look into people's eyes as I pass them in the street and give them a smile. I can't wait to post the pictures from this event. You are going to love them. It was such an unconventional way to raise money for an adoption, and I LOVED IT!
By the way, we raised $1,770 last night, that put us over the $10,000 mark! We are already almost halfway there, and it's only been 4 months! Thank you Jesus! Please be praying for us, that we can find a 3 bedroom house with a yard and a garage - then we can get going on our homestudy and bring our sweet baby home! YEE-HAW!!!!
Love you all! THANK YOU!
Oh my goodness Cat. You brought tears to my eyes. I'm thrilled that it all turned out great for you and that money was raised for little ?????. I'm looking forward to the day when I can meet your new child. Thanks for sharing the info about the event, and your personal feelings too. Love you.
ReplyDeletePerfect post Mrs. Besk!!!! I'll be praying for a big house for your family!!
ReplyDeletethat is just so amazing and wonderful cat! i am so glad the concert went well and i loved reading about all the blessings god continues to bring you. so excited for you all!
ReplyDeleteTo My Wonderful Kids, It is truely awesome to watch God's plan unfold in your lives. I often think about who our new little grandbaby is going to be and how much he or she is already loved and being provided for!! OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!! Those words just don't seem big enough for the PRAISE HE DESERVES!! We love you and continue to pray.XOXO
ReplyDelete