Sunday, June 20, 2010

Zumba!




Saturday we had our first fundraiser, and it was so much fun! I LOVE to dance, so what could be better then getting to have a studio all to ourselves with my dear friends? Incredible. Not to mention, our amazing friends donated $275, which puts us to our June goal! We are thanking the Lord each day, because we are so moved by His provision, and by the hearts of people. One of my favorite parts of the day, was having Maizie and Lucy there. I think they were just about the happiest little girls on earth. Maizie danced for almost the whole class, and Lucy was scooting, walking,and screaming for joy all over the place. I think I smiled and laughed the whole time I was there. Jenny, the dance instructor and my friend, even played a song about Africa. I almost cried during it, but I do so much of that lately, I kept it together. Mostly I cry for joy, and then sometimes I cry with fear or with desperation. I have to constantly surrender myself to God, and remind myself that He is in control! I was so blessed by the support we received. I can't wait for the next event.

If you have any stuff you want to donate to our Garage Sale (which is on July 10th), please drop it off or let us know if you would like us to come and get it. We live in Aptos, and it is going to be at our house. We had some friends this past weekend that had a garage sale, and let us come and get anything they didn't sell. It was awesome! I love it when I pull in the driveway and some mysterious person has delivered bags of clothes, 2 bikes, a guitar, and a table (CHRISSY)! I think it's going to be lots of fun, and by God's grace a big money maker. We are going to have summertime music on, and a bake sale. So, even if you don't want to buy, feel free to come and hang out.

We have almost reached our first 10%! Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. We will just miss your garage sale. We'll be in town July 14th. Can't wait to hear how it goes and get an in-person progress report. I'm so excited for and proud of you guys. Thanks for sharing about the girls' enthusiasm. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need any donations for the bake sale? Let me know if you want me to start baking!

    ReplyDelete