We are feeling very loved by all the words of encouragment, prayers, and support we are receiving since we've shared our news. We have our first two fundraisers coming up and we are really excited. This Saturday, on June 19th we are having a Zumba dance class where all the proceeds go to our adoption. The class will start at 4:30 and got to 5:30, but get there at 4 to register, make your donation, and hang out! My friend Jenny Forsberg Barnes has generously donated her time and expertise to teach us her moves. She was formerly a Raiderette (an Oakland Raiders cheerleader), and is an incredible dancer! She teaches dance class at Santa Cruz Dance Company, that is owned by Joy Smith. Joy has donated the studio time and some 5 class passes for a raffle after the class. The studio is located on Porter at the Old Soquel Grange. It's going to be so fun. If you would like to come, let me know as soon as possible, because we can only have 40 people. The donation is $20, and you are automatically entered into the drawing for the 5 free dance classes! Check out the studio's website http://www.synergystudios.net/ Hope to see you there!!!
We are currently accepting donations for our Mega Garage Sale on July 10th. You can drop them off at our house, or send us your info for us to come to your house to pick up the items. We are taking just about anything, to try and make as much as we can towards our adoption fund. If you need our address, just let me know.
In closing, I was talking to Liz Coleman (Hess) yesterday. If you know me, then you probably know or have heard me talk about Lizi. We met in Jr. High, and went to High School, a bit of college, and now we are mothers together. We LOVE each other. There is no one like her. Anyway, we were talking about the adoption, and she asked me what I was going to do with the extra money. I was like, "um, what extra money? We need $30,000." She said completely seriously, "When you pass your goal and have extra money? What will you do with it?" I said, "Well, I guess we would donate it to other adoptions or our agency." Now, that is faith. She believes in us, our family, and God so much, she was already just expecting that we will pass any goal that we make. You gotta love a friend like that. So, join me in believing and trusting that everything will come in God's timing.
"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6b
Love,
Cat
Cat, you are just downright awesome. Plain & simple. I feel SO HONORED to witness this journey, and in a very small way, be a part of it too (our next Goodwill run will be a Besk yard sale run!) Your blog is so inspiring, and I LOVE reading every word you write! We are praying! xoxo, Nicole
ReplyDeleteCat, I just "saw" you on FB through Nini and read your posts on your blog. Totally strange hearing from a "stranger," I know, but I just wanted to tell you that I can sense your spirit and excitement for God through your writing. I know Kenny from a long time ago at SCBC. Someday we'll cross paths! Until then, God's richest blessings to you guys on your adoption journey. Hope to meet ya someday! Allison O'Donnell
ReplyDelete