There really are saints left in the world. As I have been researching the adoption process online, I have come across the most incredible blogs. People have been so real in sharing their stories. It's awe-inspiring. I have read about families who got pregnant while waiting to adopt and are still continuing with the adoption, families that specifically adopted a child with disabilities, families that adopt children that have HIV/AIDS. I mean, these are living, breathing saints walking around on earth disquised as ordinary humans. I think I have wept at least once a day for the last week as I discover another miracle family. Wept with heartache for the orphans, and wept with joy over the uniting of a child with their forever family.
It has hardly been a week since we have started this process, and I am already dreaming of our child. Kenny is trying to protect me in case we get denied, or it just doesn't happen. But, I would rather love with every fiber of my being than hold it all inside. In the next couple of weeks, we will be waiting for our pre-application to be approved, and then they will have us start the "REAL" application. I keep trying to not get ahead of myself, but that is hard for me. If you know me then you know I get really excited about things. And this isn't just anything, this is our child! It's going to a very long journey filled with many ups and downs and bumps along the road, but I am ready for it. God has said He will not leave us or forsake us. We know He is our partner in all of this, and will carry us through. I am going to be cultivating some serious patience. Please pray for our endurance and that we will always remember that it will all be in God's time, not the "Catherine time" that I want. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment