Saturday, May 22, 2010

The beginning of a journey

I don't know much about blogging, so hang in there with me as I learn.

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
Helen Keller


We have already felt for months that God is calling us to adopt internationally, but we have let fear cloud our mission. We lost the sense of urgency that the Haitian earthquake brought, and just got on with our lives. After all, I've always had a plan for how things are going to go. I've always said, we're only going to have 2 children since there are 2 of us, and we were given 2 hands. I want to send them to college and travel, and so forth. Obviously, GOD has His own plan for our lives, and I'm going to happily step down and give Him back the control. Quite a humbling experience.
Anyway, God has separately laid international adoption on Kenny's heart as well as my own. We were going to meetings with Catholic Charities of Santa Clara to foster a child from Haiti, but they have closed those doors for now. Catholic Charities is a wonderful organization, and if you're interested in fostering older children, you should definitely contact them. http://www.catholiccharitiesscc.org/
Now, we are going to take a leap of faith and start the process with All God's Children International
http://www.allgodschildren.org/
and see what God chooses to do. We are not saying that we are not still afraid, but now we are ready to let go and leap. Please be praying for us. We have sent away for our initial packet, and now the waiting and praying begins.

Love,
The Besks

"...once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12


This was sent to me the other day by a dear family friend, Julee Herkelrath.
The video that convinced us of God's calling for us to adopt!

Watch this incredible "Gotcha Day," that has inspired us and encouraged us.
This woman from the video is named Kristi and she has an incredible blog - weloveourlucy.blogspot.com I've already learned so much just from reading about her journey through her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment