Sweet friends and family of Cat, Kenny, Maizie, Lucy, and Cruz,
I have asked special permission to post here for the Besk family. As most of you know by now, their precious boy Cruz went to be with Jesus. I will let them share all of those details here how and when they see fit. To say we are shocked and devastated would be to barely scratch the surface, for he was a son longed for, prayed over, cried over, loved deeply, and cherished before we all ever saw his face. And when we saw his sweet face? Oh that beautiful boy! We couldn't have dreamed him up if we tried. Perfection wrapped in soft brown skin with a smile in his eyes and a snuggly form that just begged for endless hugs and kisses. We were all looking forward to that day with great anticipation when he would forever be welcomed into his mama and daddy's arms, when we would hear his contagious giggles for ourselves.
The news today broke our hearts, but Cat and Kenny's faith is not shaken.
I share with you below her facebook post:
"We love you all. Our God is with us and our God is for us. Our son has gone home to true healing and rest with Jesus. He died with Almaz by his side. He did not die an orphan. He is our son, and we are going to Ethiopia tomorrow to claim him. We cannot bring him home, but we will be there to lay him to rest. He had incredible medical care and lots of love at HH. His little body was just too weak to go on. Pray for us. We love you. Thank you for your prayers. They were felt and heard. We will see you again our precious boy, our Cruz Chernet Besk. John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
He did not die an orphan.
He is their son.
Sweet Cruz knew he had a mama and daddy and two adoring big sisters waiting for him.
He had seen their pictures.
He had received their gifts.
He knew they were coming for him.
And they are.
Not in the way any of us would have ever imagined.
Not in the way any of us wanted.
But they are coming.
They are coming to claim their son.
And that, my friends, is more powerful than words can articulate.
Cat and Kenny, you are living, breathing examples of John 14:18.
Your courageous hearts are igniting ours.
We are with you.
********************************
Many have asked what they can do to help.
1. Keep loving them with your fb messages, texts, emails, and packages in the mail. I know so many of you are already doing this. Keep it up in the days ahead. It means the world.
2. We have added a paypal button on the top right side bar of this blog labeled "For Cruz, with Love." It is linked directly to Cat and Kenny and all donations will go to them to assist in whatever is necessary with their family needs in this time.
3. We are in contact with our agency, All God's Children International, seeking the best way to honor Cruz's life in Ethiopia. We hope to purchase or build something in his name.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know at woosterweester@aol.com.
~Rory

i dont c a link for paypal...am i missing it?..
ReplyDeleteYou just click on the picture of Cruz blowing kisses at the top right
DeleteA beautiful tribute, Rory. So many, near and far, have been captured by Cruz' story of redemption, and GOD IS BEING GLORIFIED through your lives, Cat and Kenny. Oh, how we wish this story was written differently, and our hearts ache for your loss. People you don't even know around the world are lifting up your entire family in prayer and honoring your son. Blessings. -Jen T.
ReplyDeleteAmen Jen! Thank you!
Deletesending so much love..
ReplyDeletebeautifully said, Rory. Precious Cruz was so very loved! Praying for the entire Besk family for comfort and peace today as they travel to say goodbye to the son they loved so deeply. Thank you for posting this, friend.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers from a waiting mother. I cannot quite imagine the pain, but I am standing in solidarity with this precious family.
ReplyDeleteSending you heartbroken love and prayers from Michigan, May God flood your lives with unexpected love light in this season.
ReplyDeleteLove you Besk family and praying for you daily!!!! Cruz you are so loved sweet boy!!! So so so loved!!!
ReplyDeleteDear Besk fmaily,
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled upon your blog tonight and just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. In February of 2011 we lost our little Nati who we had never met but were in the process of adopting. He was 8 and died suddenly of what we think was an undiagnosed heart condition. I know the confusion of wading through grief for a son, that although not "yours" legally, was yours in your hearts and soul. I am so, so sorry. I know words ring hollow but I wanted you to know that I understand your sorrow. When it happened to us we felt so alone... wanted you to know that you aren't.
Lots of love,
jennifer
That is heartbreaking Jennifer. I'm so sorry that you understand and know. Thank you for sharing and standing with us.
DeleteHey guys...
ReplyDeleteFirst off - I am SO SORRY for the loss of YOUR SON. So, so sorry. I know this pain and I know it all too well.
Many people contacted us in the last couple days with this news... we too lost our son Brighton in a very similar fashion in January 2008. While he went running directly into the arms of his Father before we could hold him - he was our son.
We know your pain and struggle right now. If and when you would ever want to talk - we would be more than happy to listen, to cry, to pray and to walk through this with you.
I pray Brighton grabbed his hands at the gates of Heaven and jumped into the lap of Jesus with his new friend Cruz.
Praying for you guys in this time...
THEY WILL KNOW US BY OUR LOVE.
tymm & laura hoffman
Thank you so much Hoffman family.
DeleteWe are so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, precious son. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers....we are heartbroken with you and for you. Cruz is safe in the arms of Jesus, and you have more to go to heaven for now. What a wonderful meeting you will have someday....the best meetcha and gotcha day EVER! May God wrap His loving arms of peace and strength around you during this difficult time, just as He is little Cruz.
ReplyDeleteI am so, so very sorry for the loss of sweet Cruz!! Praying for you guys! We love you!! ((((HUGS))))
ReplyDeleteA friend sent me the link to your blog and this post by private message. She knew I could relate. I cry for you and pray for you. He is your son and Jesus has a new precious angel by His side. Your grief and heartbreak for the loss of your son is very real as is the love for your Cruz. Some may not understand that in the days to come, But God does. You are not alone. I am so sorry.
ReplyDelete