Tuesday, June 4, 2013

By Faith



As you all know, our adoption process has been quite lengthy. There have been many highs and lows. It has been an adventure. It has been life changing. We have made some of the dearest friends. We have fully surrendered, then tried to take the reigns, then back to fully surrendered. We have felt the most joyful hope, and then at times let that fade and felt complete defeat. It's quite the roller coaster ride.

I've always had very vivid dreams. For a period of my life, it was usually nightmares. Seriously scary, very real nightmares. Once that part was over, I didn't care if I ever had a dream again. I was just thankful to be sleeping peacefully. Lately, I have wondered though, if my dreams could be used for good, since they could so obviously be for evil. I know other people have wonderful dreams that God uses to give visions, words...just a really special way to communicate. I recently asked God to use my dreams for good and if He chose to, to please speak to me in my dreams.

I woke this morning with Hebrews 11:17 in my heart. I didn't know what this verse was, but I was so excited to be waking up with a Scripture in my mind, so I ran to get my Bible.

"By FAITH Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son," Hebrews 11:17

I was so excited. I felt honored. I clearly asked for God to speak to me in my dreams and He responded.


Abraham trusted God with everything he had. Knowing that even in death, God could raise his son from the dead! 


BY FAITH!

By FAITH we will finish this journey. The God of the Universe that called us to this incredible journey can be trusted, and will finish what He started.

The first 2 years of our journey our word was SURRENDER.
Our 3rd year was HOPE.
On May 22, our 4th year began, and our new word is FAITH.

The whole chapter of Hebrews 11 is on faith, and those who were faithful. Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Esau, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, the prophets, all were commended for their faith. Things did not work out the way they had planned. Many did not see the fruits of their labor. But their lights shone bright as God increased their faith, and they were obedient.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

May God increase our FAITH as we wait in HOPE, being sure that we can be completely SURRENDERED to His perfect plan! Did you see what I did there ;)

I am staring at the mountain and I am telling it to MOVE!








1 comment:

  1. Love this Catherine! You have been so faithful and I can't wait to see who and what God has planned for your family!!

    ReplyDelete