12 fundraisers
2 support letters
+100s of hearts opened to give
Thousands of dollars to bring our precious child home.
We had about $2500 to go. We applied for a grant, with the Feng Li Li Foundation, and were taking a break from fundraising. God really laid it on my husband's heart to sell his motorcycle. At first I wanted to say, "NO! You love it! It's your outlet. Don't do it!!!" I held my tongue though, because I could tell he was really serious and felt very strongly that it was the right thing to do. And, it's listed for $2500.
When it sells, WE ARE COMPLETELY FUNDED! Thank you Jesus! We actually need to call the place with which we applied for our grant, and CANCEL our application!!! How cool is that?! There is no way we can ever thank everyone who has helped us. We cannot wait to share the news that we have seen our child's face. Please continue to pray for us as we wait for our child to come home. We love you all so much, and we will never forget your generosity, love and support!
Update 04/02/13: We recently paid off our van by selling our small suv, and purchasing a 1999 Jetta for my husband's commuter car. Now we literally owe nothing. Now it's more than just no adoption debt! We have no credit card payments, no car payments, nothing. Thank you Lord!
(Side note, we don't own a home, so that is how that debt is gone - ha!)
"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
We know that adoption is not the answer to the orphan crisis. The dream is that each mother and father can raise their own child. But, for now, until the inequalities and injustices of the world are evened out and solved, there are an estimated 160 million orphans waiting to be loved. Waiting for a family. Waiting. When we were praying about adopting, I read a blog post about EXCUSES, by the lovely Kristi Johnson (Lucy Lane's mama, along with her five other precious kiddos). We just didn't have one more excuse. We didn't have money. We don't own a house. We live in an expensive town. Blah, blah, blah, it all didn't and doesn't matter. There is an orphan crisis! Children are dying every 3 seconds from hunger. We are soooooo wealthy, and we have soooo much. If you haven't watched, "Depraved Indifference," by Eric Ludy, well now is the time! Take the 8 minutes to watch and be forever changed. Be inspired.
Are you willing?
Awesome! God bless you Besk Family!
ReplyDeleteYay! Amazing! I can't wait to meet your newest little one! You and Kenny are his/her perfect match! Love you both and so excited to continue on this journey through prayer with you!
ReplyDeleteThis is SO great! I am seriously so excited for you guys and am in awe of how God always provides for our every need. Can't wait to hear that you're heading out to go and bring your child home. So, so wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Besk family :) we are Sooo happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch an incredible journey you have been on -- and it will continue. I get goose bumps when I read your blog. So fantastic! Thank you Jesus for giving Cat and Kenny the adoption vision, and helping to make the dream come true. We look forward to what you, Lord, are going to be doing down the road with the Besk family!
ReplyDeleteThis is such wonderful, exciting news Catherine. You and Kenny (and your whole extended family too!) are such inspirations. You truly are Jesus's hands on earth. I can't wait for you to welcome home your child!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! What a relief and joy to read your praises! So happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteCan't think of a family I love rejoicing with more on this! Your whole journey points to the Lord, to his faithfulness, His goodness...oh girl, it only gets "good-er" from here.:) And someday? Someday I'm gonna kiss your sweet baby's face through my computer screen and lift my hands in worship because He has completed this good work.
ReplyDeleteYAY, Catherine!!! Love reading of how God has provided everything ya'll need to bring your sweet baby HOME!!! Praise the Lord!!!
ReplyDelete