5 weeks from today we step on the plane and leave. I am wishing I could put my family in my pocket and take them with me. It will hit me in waves, and today was more like a tidal wave. I don't want to leave my family, but this work is too important not to go. I am just so thankful that I have experienced so much love, and I get to take that love with me and share it with these precious children that have been rescued. I am thankful that my God goes before me and is with me always.
Today I was returning a pair of shorts for Kenny, and Molly (my big sister) called to tell me she loved me and is going to miss me. I just looked at the girl at the cash register and said, "sorry, my sister needs me, and just leaned on her counter and had a good cry." Precious girl. So, from here on people, it is on. I might spontaneously burst into tears in front of you. It's ok,I I'm just expressing myself. Feel free to give me a high five, a hug, or feel comfortable to run the other way. I'm a lover, not a feelings hider.
Psalm 139:5-12
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
As I often post, music plays a big part in my life. It's my favorite way to talk to God and helps me to express myself. I know you didn't ask, but I am always looking for great music, so I wanted to share the current songs that are on repeat at our house.
The song, "I Am Not Alone," by Kari Jobe has really been encouraging me and helping me to remember that I have nothing to fear because God goes before me and will never leave me.
Shane & Shane, "God of Ages Past"
Matt Maher, "Because He Lives (Amen)"
Francesca Battistelli, "Holy Spirit"
Lauren Daigle "Come Alive (Dry Bones)"
All Sons & Daughters"Called Me Higher" - this one especially hits home when it says, "I'll go where you will lead me Lord...
No comments:
Post a Comment