Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Picture Update




Matthew has been home for 3 months! We have been busy!! I can't believe how much crazier it is with 3 children! It is NON-STOP! The girls are crazy about their brother and we are starting to find a normal routine. Just wanted to give you an update of the last 3 months.....

After one month home, Matthew had minor surgery to correct his club feet. He was in double casts for 4 weeks, and now he is cast free and growing stronger each day. He wears high tops each day to support his ankles and a leg brace at night. His leg brace will be worn at night for the next couple years, to keep his feet straight. On July 4th, Matthew turned 1 year old. The entire United States celebrated with us and even lit fireworks in his honor. So thoughtful. He got his casts off the day before his birthday, so for his birthday we went swimming at Uncle Wes' and Tee-Tee Sara's house after the parade. He loves the water and laughs and laughs. He is such a sweet boy. He has a wonderful personality. He is cheery and funny and such a little love. He has a hard time sleeping and does a lot of grieving at night. The brace really makes him frustrated and continually wakes him up all night. If you see me and I appear delirious, it's because I am. Only half of my brain is working, but I am deliriously happy. Here is a quick update in pictures.


Lucy graduated from preschool!

Last picture of Matty's club feet the night before surgery.

Big sisters are awesome!

Lucy ate a whole hamburger! Woweeee!

Annual berry picking!


Baby Kai was there too!

Lucy and Kenny went on a road trip to visit his family









Kendra and Cole got married!

The kids are hard core bike riders


Maizie fell in love with paddle boarding
The casts came off and we had a family photo shoot to celebrate! The real pictures will be coming out with our adoption announcement, but I thought the outtakes were funny. I like it when we are dorks.
We are totally fake laughing in this picture!
Booty bump!

Thank you Pursley family for making the shoot so fun! I can't wait to share the good ones with everyone =)

This one didn't work out so well.




2 comments:

  1. LOVE it. Thanks for taking time to post. I particularly love the family shot, including the pup. You are one good looking family, Besks!
    Big hugs all the way around.
    Love, Julee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What energy, joy and love in your family! thank you for sharing your blessing with all!

    ReplyDelete