Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tambourine Dancing

This is such a fun story.
We received our referral 4 months ago. We've been waiting for a BP court appointment since our BP (birth parent) had his embassy interview on Dec. 30th.  Once we have our BP court appointment, then we finally get to come to Ethiopia and hold our son.

Yesterday I cried, and then I cried some more. I am aching to hold our son and for him to be home with us. I cried until I finally had to take a nap to recover. It was good. I needed to just let it all out. This morning I was so frustrated. I finally broke down and wrote an email to our case worker. That was about as "pushy" as I've been since we started this process. Just expressing my concerns and asking them to start asking questions in Ethiopia and pushing our case forward.

Now, let me back up for one second....
A couple of weekends ago I attended Created For Care, an adoptive mama retreat. The speaker, Beth Guckenberger, shared how she has started carrying a tambourine in her suitcase when she travels. She wants to have her tambourine ready to praise God. Even in the hard, she was encouraging us to get ready to praise. Hopefully expectant.

Back to this morning...
I wrote this to my adoptive mom soul sisters after ranting about my frustrations and worries, "It's so funny, cuz I know that even if I got the date today, I'm just going to want more. I've got to go and readjust my heart and get out my tambourine and start dancing around in praise asking the Lord to surprise me with His goodness today!"

So, in our little office landing, I stood up and danced and said, "I am praising you God for what you are going to do. I know you have a date for us, you are good, and I trust you." Then I looked around to see if anyone had seen me (awkward) and sat down. Within ONE MINUTE my phone rang. It was our caseworker with our BP court date. Did you hear me? WE HAVE A BP COURT DATE!!!! I was hopefully expectant when my heart was aching, and God surprised me with His goodness by answering me right then and there. That's not always how it works, but it was this morning, and I am still dancing!

After this BP court date, the next step will be for US to travel and see our son! I can't wait! I'll be packing our tambourine and getting ready for the dance party when Matthew comes home!

8 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH!!! Thank You, Jesus!!! And I just love that you got this call right after you had all out PRAISED Him!!! So neat! Get ready!!! You'll be in Ethiopia soon!!!! YAY! Mommy and Daddy love you and are coming Baby T, just like I told you they would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so so awesome! I am reminded when the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt and they had been there a long time and they had probably been calling out to God for deliverance that whole time and it probably felt like God didn't hear them or didn't care or something. But, the whole time they were crying out, God was working: He was raising up Moses to be their leader! So God is at work even when we don't see it and feel like it's taking forever! Isn't God so awesome?!?! Praising Him with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY! I am going to go buy a tambourine today so I can sing God's praises in your language! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine, one of the many wonderful things in all of this is that your journey and story bring hope to hopeless situations, even if they're completely unrelated to an adoption journey. I am so touched by your faith, and so blessed by the hope this generates. Our family is going through some stuff right now that's left me feeling a loss of hope, and somehow your journey and celebration bring me the feeling that all is right in this world, and that there IS a loving, good God who has plans for us! We are celebrating right along with you, and my cup continues to runneth over!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being so transparent!! "Hopefully expectant"....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your transparency!! "Hopefully expectant"...perfect! ❤️ and (((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah HAL-LE-LU-JAH
    Our Lord God Almighty reins!
    Hallelujah!
    Love you- - -

    ReplyDelete