Saturday, July 6, 2013

Oh God How I Need You




Just wanted to stop amidst my crazy right now and share a little something with you, cuz I don't want to take even the small for granted. Yesterday while "Whom Shall I Fear" was playing, my alarm rang for my 8:38 prayer time. I smiled big, as this was pretty much the theme song from C4C this year. Then Wednesday, my sweet sister, Rory Cookman was praying Isaiah 43:1-2 over me, and the second I opened my Bible to see what the verse was, my alarm started ringing. The Lord was saying, "I'm here with you. I'm listening. I love you, and I love your child." It was just very comforting and encouraging to me. Sometimes it's the little things that mean so very much. Like when you have a friend that writes on her hand to remember to pray for you today.
"But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:1-2




1 comment: