Tuesday, June 25, 2013

On the Move...

Yep, we are moving again. This will be our 9th place that we have lived in our almost 11 years (August 23rd) of marriage. =) During our adoption journey, this will be our 4th place to live in our 3 year journey. We should have bought stock in "Home Study Updates." We think God is training us to not hold onto material things. Don't get too comfortable. Get ready to follow Me wherever I ask you to go.

Although it is stressful and overwhelming to move, it is also exciting. Each time we think that this will be the place that we bring our new child home to, and this time we really believe this to be true ;) When we began this adoption, we were living in a darling 900 sq. ft. beach bungalow with a great backyard. To move forward with our adoption, the state of California required us to have a third bedroom to qualify for adopting a boy. It was our first big step of faith after saying yes to adoption. I wrote about that big move here.

And here we are, moving once again. My sweet friend Amber encouraged me by saying, "You will be able to empathize with your child in a huge way. It will be amazing to see if any of these moves coincide. Wouldn't it be amazing if your child is getting ready to move to Hannah's Hope right now?"
It's incredible to think about it that way. Each time that we are uprooting, our child could be moving also, and one day soon we will finally meet. Oh what a glorious, joy-filled day that will be!!!

The biggest blessing of this move, is that we will be living across the street from my sister, brother-in-law, and 2 of our nephews, Isaac and James.  I can't tell you how wonderful this is, and how grateful I am to have this special time with them. So let the adventure continue!

Keep praying for mountains to be moved, timelines to be broken, and the floodgates of referrals to open up! There has not been much movement, but we just know it has to just be around the corner. We are praying big for a September referral! Join us in HOPE that it is time to see our child's face!

Moving Party:
If you have the time, and you are willing, we are trying to get a moving party together.
We are moving July 6th.
The moving party will begin at 9am at our current residence. Donuts and coffee will be served =)
We will have a big moving truck, so we will just have to do one trip.

The moving party will continue at our new place, where we will unload and there will be pizza and cold drinks for all!

Please text, call, or e-mail to let us know that you will be joining the PARTY (don't you like how I keep saying that so it sounds like tons of fun?) =)

I am currently obsessed with this song and listen to it multiple times each day. Just reminding myself of God's character and that He will finish what He started.
AFTER ALL - Meredith Andrews
"After all, You are CONSTANT.
After all, You are ONLY GOOD.
After all You are SOVEREIGN.
Not for a moment, will you forsake me."


6 comments:

  1. I am committing my husband to the party!! I will try to come after I pick up Asia from CAMP!! let me know if you need help packing the week beforehand....we also can bring some boxes if you need! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of moves, friend! We're at 7 years and 6 moves, 3 moves during this adoption as well! God is definitely teaching us something :) I love what Amber said and will be watching for this marvelous timeline to play out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Meredith! Can't wait to hear that it is time for you to go! Praying for you all!!!

      Delete
  3. How great that you get to be next door to your sister and family! I wish we lived close so we could help you move, but as an aside... you may wish to take your addresses out of this post soon. Just for internet safety and all. :)

    ReplyDelete