Between the 4 of us we have 11 daughters and we are all open to a boy or a girl in Ethiopia, with almost the exact same parameters. Rory even has a daughter named Maisey, the only difference is we spell our daughter's name Maizie. We don't know any other Maizie's personally, so this is so rare and fun! Can you imagine if we got all of our families together? Oh the fun and the chaos. The only trouble is we are in California, Oregon, Illinois, and Kansas!
Our roomie Suzanne has a blog called "Journey to 838." 838 is the longitude and latitude of Ethiopia. She challenged our adoption group to pray at 8:38 am and 8:38 pm each day. I have an alarm set for twice a day on my phone, and I haven't missed one yet. It has been therapeutic, kept me accountable and in prayer, and inspired me. Chris Tomlin's song, "Whom Shall I Fear," starts to play when my alarm goes off and I am reminded to hit my knees and pray. It is amazing to think I am praying simultaneously with others and our prayers are also spread out throughout the day, since we are in different time zones.
Sometimes we are goofy. Sometimes we are upset. Other times we are inspired. While sometimes we just need a good laugh or a really good cry. And then somedays, I am sent a message like this one:
Lord Jesus......
It is 8:38 and I come to you tonight weary. Tired. Yet energized and expectant. Lord, I ask that you invade this process. That your BREATH would blow over Ethiopia. Through the court systems. Through the lives of each judge. Through the embassy. Through each person that touches that paperwork. Through the transition homes. Through the orphanages. Through the families. Your breath would breathe so strongly that it would grow a spirit of conviction to the hearts of those not being forthright in this process. To those who are creating orphans as opposed to saving orphans. Breathe a spirit of renewal to those that are working tirelessly to make each step matter. To cross every t and dot every i in order to do your work well. Breathe a spirit of courage over the birth families that need it abundantly. A Spirit of comfort. A Spirit of Truth for those who do not know you. A spirit of love for those caring for these orphans. And for those on the other side of the world. Breathe your spirit. Invade their hearts, minds, and souls. Breathe rest to these waiting Mommas who are weary. Who need to fall into your arms alone and wait there because that is all they can do. Trusting in you alone.
It is 8:38 and I come to you tonight weary. Tired. Yet energized and expectant. Lord, I ask that you invade this process. That your BREATH would blow over Ethiopia. Through the court systems. Through the lives of each judge. Through the embassy. Through each person that touches that paperwork. Through the transition homes. Through the orphanages. Through the families. Your breath would breathe so strongly that it would grow a spirit of conviction to the hearts of those not being forthright in this process. To those who are creating orphans as opposed to saving orphans. Breathe a spirit of renewal to those that are working tirelessly to make each step matter. To cross every t and dot every i in order to do your work well. Breathe a spirit of courage over the birth families that need it abundantly. A Spirit of comfort. A Spirit of Truth for those who do not know you. A spirit of love for those caring for these orphans. And for those on the other side of the world. Breathe your spirit. Invade their hearts, minds, and souls. Breathe rest to these waiting Mommas who are weary. Who need to fall into your arms alone and wait there because that is all they can do. Trusting in you alone.
Lord I praise you tonight for these sweet friends of mine. These friends who make me laugh, mend a tattered heart, remind me to look up, and cause me to be renewed once again.
Come in. Invade. All you see of us.
I read it, then re-read, and then read it out loud to my mother. Whew. Tears. We walk this journey together. Humbly. Sometimes almost completely broken, and then we turn to God, our Comforter, the Lord of all, and once again we are healed. Sometimes it takes a sister nudging us in that direction. That's what friends are for. (Don't start singing please)
It is an honor to call these women my friends. I love them so dearly.
might recognize this picture from my Facebook profile picture. I'm keeping it there until our referral. =)
Amber blogged about our time at C4C together.
Rory's blog is woosterweester.blogpsot.com
I posted Suzanne's at the top, but it is http://journeyto838.blogspot.com
I have so many other precious adoptive mommy friends, but this post was a shout out to the roomies. But, I still have to add some of my other AGCI peeps in a few pictures. I love these ladies!!!
Jenny Marrs is the sweetest. She is on Give1Save1 this week and you can donate to help bring her precious daughter home! http://give1save1africa.blogspot.com/2013/04/new-week-new-family-marrs-family.html and then follow their journey at http://www.blessingsandraindrops.com
Kimberly is our honorary roomie and just brought home her son last month! Next time we'll just have to bring in the rollaway bed!
Lauren and Stacy and just gems. Here we are at the airport together. Time to go back to Illinois, California, and Oregon. Sigh.....Miss you! You can attend Lauren's "NoGo Gala" by visiting http://beingbeautifullywoven.blogspot.com/2013/04/you-are-invited-to-our-nogo-gala.htmlhttp://grafted-branches.blogspot.com

This Kimberly brought home twins from Ethiopia just a year ago too! http://purposefulevents.com/blog/893.html?task=view
So thankful for all of you! Love you!!!


oh my goodness! This post made me laugh and cry and laugh again!! You are amazing and I am thinking we need to rent a cabin next year so we can all squeeze in together!! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt is so wonderful my sweet Cat, that you have found these Godly women to have in your life, who know exactly what you and Kenny are going through. Such a great support system for you in this journey -- these women are gifts from above, for which I know you are thankful. I'm so glad you have these circle of friends in your life.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! You are all amazing and I am so blessed to know you! I agree with Jenny we need a cabin next year so we can all be together!
ReplyDelete