If you are part of the adoption world, then you've heard all about attachment therapy. As adoptive parents, we try to hold, make eye contact, touch, carry, rock, be next to, and just be as close as possible to our adoptive child, to recreate the physical bond that you naturally have from carrying a child. It's proven to be the best therapy you can give your child. Teaching them to trust and learn that we will never leave them. When they cry, you will help. When they are hungry, there will be food. When they are tired, sick, cold, etc, you will meet their need. That's the short of attachment therapy. It's awesome. You get to fall in love with each other each new day that you have together. It can obviously be exhausting, and everyone needs a good carrier. We all own some type of carrier. Our adopted child is not home yet, but our youngest really likes to be held and needs lots of physical bonding and reassurance that I'm here for her.
On our walk down to the beach this morning
Last night playing the Wii Just Dance game at my parents' house. She was hilarious, pretending like she was going to fall off.
We walked down these steps to the beach, it feels like 20 on the way down, and more like 500 on the way back up. She loves it though, and feels super secure. She's not a big fan of the loud waves, so it extends our beach time, when she is connected to me.
I love these videos and just wanted to let you know that since this post, I've been super frustrated that I can't find my Ergo! I bet Beckett would love it these days. Sadie would too but she's probably exceeded the weight limit at this point. xoxo
I love these videos and just wanted to let you know that since this post, I've been super frustrated that I can't find my Ergo! I bet Beckett would love it these days. Sadie would too but she's probably exceeded the weight limit at this point. xoxo
ReplyDelete