Thursday, December 20, 2012

I need a baby for my ERGO!!

This mama is sad. I think it's good to acknowledge and be honest. I know God is good, and my hope is in Him and His timing, but I'm really missing our child. There have been many tears here lately. I just can't quite snap out of it. (Unless my home group peeps are here, and I'm laughing so hard I forget). I know this journey will one day end and it will all be a memory, but I am ready for it to be a distant one. We have learned so much on this journey, and I'm thankful for each day, but now I am ready. Ready to see our child's face. Ready to press my cheek to his or her cheek. I am ready to hold our child's hand, and rock him or her to sleep. Our house is full of love and laughter, and I am so thankful, but there is a little voice missing. Our children are healthy and safe, and I am so thankful, but I need one more to be healthy and safe.

I have been gathering ingredients for our Ethiopian Christmas dinner, and I do so in honor of our child and his/her heritage and culture. There will be weeping on Christmas day. For joy, for thankfulness, and for the ache in my heart, a longing that will only end when our child is finally home.

Yesterday, I had three friends tell me they were pregnant! THREE in one day. One by telephone, one in person, and one through their Christmas card. It was such a joyous day. I went from screaming with excitement with one, to jumping up and down with another, to giggling and crying over the next. It was awesome. So much new life and hope entering the world. I have TWELVE other DEAR friends that are pregnant too! And this is NOT including acquaintances! It's like baby-mania around here! Then I got to thinking, I sure hope I "give birth" with all of these lovely ladies. I have baby fever and the only thing that can cure it is more cowbell! Seriously, I am ready for another child! I am going to run around town like a wild woman shouting when we receive our referral. Queen Latifah will start singing, "Oh Happy Day!" (cuz that's my ringtone for our caseworker) I might even make one of those dorkily (yes, it's a new word) awesome shirts with my child's face imprinted on it! Did you see? Did you see? We know who our child is! I will leap to the side, as I click my heels together and shout for joy!

Last night at home group we had dinner together and just hung out and laughed. It was wonderful. I seriously love these people. One of the families has a newborn, and I claimed dibs on her before they even arrived. Oh what bliss. What heaven. She just let me snuggle and hold her and smell her forever. It was the best. The only reason I gave her back, is because one of my girls was crying. HA! Baby heaven. Our youngest has been really needy lately, and so it's been great to have so much special time with her, but also challenging, because she's almost four and wants to be held all day. So, I went ahead and bought myself an ERGO carrier. It's really for our new child, but Lucy is loving it! Ok, maybe our 6 1/2 year old likes it too. =)



I need a baby for my ERGO!!!
I am approved by immigration for one from 0-30 months, boy or girl! We are not picky! Thank you!

P.S. Maizie was Mary at Sunday school and this is such a Maizie face. Oh, I just love it! I love my Maizie James!!!



4 comments:

  1. Cat, Ashley loved getting all those snuggles from you! Praying that this wait time will pass quickly. Thanks for sharing honestly and from your heart!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not hurry this process. If you want to work with Me, you have to accept My time frame. Hurry is not in My nature. Abraham and Sarah had to wait many years for the fulfillment of My promise,a son.How their long wait intensified their enjoyment of this child! Faith is the assurance of things hoped for,perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses.
    PSALM 36:9;GENSIS 21:1-7;HEBREWS 11:1 (AMP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that pain and longing. Big hugs and prayers of comfort. I bought an ergo before our placement as well. Ended up carrying Siah in for a while but it was intended for our someday baby. I have a picture of Jeff carrying her in it the day we brought her home. I know you'll have one of those pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, sweet friend. It is great to hear your heart. God is SOOOO at work right now!!!

    ReplyDelete