Just finished a blog entry, and as I was deleting one picture before publishing, I deleted the entire post, and you know what, He is enough. So I have to start over, oh well. It was a good little lesson in testing my resolve for this beautiful holiday season.
It's November 1st, and Thanksgiving and Christmas are upon us! The month of November, I am going to keep a list of things I am thankful for each day. This would be a great habit to start each day of the entire year, but I'm going to be very intentional about it this month. Waking each morning and focusing on the hope and joy that I've been given because of my Savior. I don't want to wake up saying, "Ugh, I'm so tired. I woke up with one of the girls in the middle of the night, and now it's just 5:45am, and I'm already too tired for the day." I want to wake up whispering, "He is enough. God is enough for me. He is my sufficiency." Each time I remind myself of this truth, "He is enough," it puts a little grin on my face and a skip in my step. I grin, and then I skip-stumble my way to the coffee pot ;)
If you read my Facebook updates, you read that for the 3rd month, our boy number has stayed the same and our girl number moved 2 spots. We are obviously hurting to see our child's face. We pray each and every day that mountains will be moved and timelines broken. We pray for a miracle. But, we are so thankful that God, who calls us to care for orphans, is going to finish this journey with us. We have not been abandoned. So even though we might not understand the process, we know that in the meantime, God is enough. He is all we need.
Day 1: I am thankful that God is enough. He is all I need. He is my strength. My comfort. My help.
Goodbye October! Thank you for being so fun. Here are a few pics from last night. Maizie was Mavis (from Hotel Transylvania) Lucy was a butterfly, and Kenny and I were lame and I just put on Minnie ears and he put on a wig. Yes, my little sister was an Oompa Loompa, cuz she is awesome like that.
you are precious! thanks for sharing all this...you are so open & vulnerable, and it is so very refreshing! I am praying that in all the hype of this season, that you can quiet your heart and hear all the things God is speaking to you, how He is filling you, drawing you into such sweet intimacy...preparing you to be a vessel that resonates & reflects HIS perfect love to this world, not just this new baby (boy/girl)...but for even bigger things. HE is all you need...and thank you for being a willing, eager, passionate & humble friend. love you!! ps. I am doing a thankful journal too...but I have taken a break since mom passed...so I am going to try and work on that too. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteYou posted this right when I needed it, darling.
ReplyDelete1. Catherine!
2. Being Enough
3. The roof over our heads
4. Sacramental nourishment, even blessed and perfect when I'm holding my son and we are both covered in apple.
5. Not-so-baby Trey
6. Baby Connor