Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our 20th anniversary!

No, Kenny and I didn't get married when we were 14 =)

I am blessed to have precious friends. I love my friends. Friendship is so important to me, and it's such a gift. I have a dear friend named Kimberly, that I call Kimmy.
This year marks our 20th anniversary as friends.
We met in the 8th grade, and we've been close ever since. We went to junior high together, high school, a semester of college, church, lived together, and even dated some of the same boys (so wrong, I know) Doesn't matter how far we live from each other, or how much time passes in between our visits. We immediately jump right back in, and can laugh and talk for hours. She's the kind of friend who I want to be neighbors with. I want her kids running through my house. They're the kind of family that you want to be around, and when you leave, you just want more of them. Kimmy and Matthew have 4 beautiful children, Emma, Luke, Jude and Scarlett. They have a very busy home and life. From day one, they've been supportive of our adoption journey. They pray with their children for our child to come home. They love our child already. As a family, they decided to surprise us, and have a yard sale at their house to help fund our adoption. They cleaned our their house and asked for donations. They made signs, placed ads and spread the word.
Here is their oldest daughter, Emma (in pink) making signs with her friend. You might recognize her from an earlier post, where she and her brother, Luke, sold their artwork to raise money for our adoption! You can link to that post here, and see all of our other fundraisers.

Here is the incredibly organized yard sale!

Matthew and Kimmy gave up their Saturday, and as a family, spread the word about orphans and how we can all help in some way!

The grand total was $500.85!!!
How incredible is that? So thankful for this beautiful family that I so dearly love. I can still dream that we won't always live 6 hours away from each other. =)




2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gift to have such an amazing friend who you've walked through most of life with. And I love your blog!! Super fun to hang last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - you are awesome! What a blessed friendship!

    ReplyDelete