This journey may be hard, and sometimes all-consuming, but it's been an amazing way to live. Having this dependence on God is incredible. You can't help but completely surrender, or it will be too hard on your own. It's really grown our faith. God's grace, provision, and perfect plan continue to amaze us each day. Let me share with you a little story.
We are blessed to live in the same town as my family. My Mom is out of town right now, so my Dad had us over for Chinese food last night. He had us pick it up, but he wanted to pay for it. One of his oldest tricks when giving you money, is to always wrap it in a one dollar bill. He LOVES to do this! He'll say, "Here sweetie," and he'll hand me a tightly rolled dollar bill with a rubberband around it. It's a guarantee that there will be a ten or twenty hiding in there. And believe me, THIS NEVER GETS OLD! Usually we laugh and jump up and down! Kenny took the girls home so I could do some paperwork, so I was the last one there. Well, last night as I was leaving, my Dad handed me a tightly rolled one dollar bill. I said, "Oh, is this for dinner?" He replied, "Yes, don't lose it." I gave him a kiss and went out to the car. I turned on the overhead light in the car to unroll the money and put it in my wallet. Except this time he REALLY surprised me. Inside that lovingly rolled one dollar bill was a check! A check for $1,000!!!
I ran back in the house laughing, and hugged and hugged him. We now are $3 over our goal for this phase, and can send in that check as soon as we get the paper work in the next couple weeks! So, today we are celebrating, and praying that our last piece of paperwork (for our dossier) will arrive by the end of next week!
Our sweet baby Lucy Valentine turns 2 tomorrow. So in honor of our darling girl, here are some pictures to celebrate! Lucy...you are the most vivacious and loving little girl. Your piercing blue eyes take our breath away. Your loving spirit and wildness bring joy to each day. Our prayer for you is that you will fall more in love with Jesus each day, and use your passion for life to love others. Lucy, you are a gift. We love you!!!
Notice anything special about the picture Maizie drew? Makes my heart burst with love!
What a neat dad you have! Your family is pretty neat too!!!
ReplyDelete1. Happy Birthday, Lucy! You are wonderful!
ReplyDelete2. Your dad is wonderful. I love him. Congratulations!
3. Maizie is wonderful.
4. Catherine: YOU are wonderful. What a lucky baby that you are going to be meeting and welcoming into your family so soon!
How sweet of your Dad!! Can't wait for ya'll to send in your dossier and get on the waitlist!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great dad! Awesome story/post.
ReplyDeletePapa James is awesome. He knew what you needed and he was there to provide! You are blessed to have a Daddy like him!
ReplyDeleteCan't even begin to imagine Lucy Valentine is 2. She is adorable and sweet and such a joy to your entire family. I love that Maizie is anticipating your new little sweetie, too. LOVE YOU GUYS, :)
I love that Maizie drew Lucy with curly hair!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete