Saturday, January 22, 2011

I get it!

Just over 2 years ago we had some acquaintances, that were in the process of adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia. We were living a couple doors down from their sister and brother-in-law. My neighbor would share with me about her brother and sis-in-law adopting from Ethiopia. She would keep me updated. There was a point where they had seen their son via e-mail, so they now knew who he was. I was pregnant with our second daughter, and all I could think was, "I don't get it. Why would you put yourself through such torment?" They could see a picture of their son online, but they weren't allowed to go get him yet. I could not understand. I could not relate. I didn't get it.

Oh, how a heart can change.

I get it.

I'll take all of this and then some to get to our child.

This journey is hard. We keep hitting speed bumps. Laws keep changing. The wait keeps getting longer, and yet it has just begun. I wouldn't change it. One day there will be hindsight. One day we will look back at all of the troubles, heartaches, and frustrations along they way and be so thankful. BECAUSE....every step will have brought us to our child. The child that was meant for us before time began, and if the journey had been any longer or shorter, it wouldn't have been this child, our child.

The biggest question we receive is when will your child be home? Well, we are almost positive within the next 12 months, and obviously we pray for as soon as possible. We have had a major hiccup with our fingerprints, and nothing can be sent out until they are back from the FBI. We thought we would have everything in by mid-January, and (it pains me to say aloud), it's truly looking like March. It was my 33rd birthday this week, and I just kept dreaming that my next birthday will be celebrated with all of our children:)

On a really fun note, this week we were given $650 towards our adoption! $350 from a fundraiser, and the rest from our support letters that keep trickling in. It's so amazing. God is funding this process for us. Every time we have needed to write a big check, the money has been there. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for us and given to our adoption fund. It's truly knocking our socks off!

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Adn the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! So true that one day there will be hindsight and until then- we have hope! I wouldn't change the journey either, I think the timing/hiccups/joys/fears are all part of God's refining hand in our lives! I hope too that our next birthdays (we're both January girls) that our kiddo's are celebrating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome how God changes heart?!?!
    Praying for your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so wonderful to see how God works. I know I've said it a million times, but I'm SO EXCITED for you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, my dear Cat, it's not the end results, but the process in which our Heavenly Father takes us that is so important in our lives for that moment in time. Of course your end results will be holding your forever child in your arms, but remember God is making you into everything He created you to be in this process. Grow each day in God's grace and mercy, and trust Him all the way. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey mate! I completely agree with your opinion. I really appreciate what you’re doing here.

    ReplyDelete