BECAUSE OF LOVE...This is the title of our blog. It's why we live, it's why we breathe, it's our hope and our future. Because of the love that was first shown to us by Jesus, we are able to share that love with the world. Because of love, we can look beyond challenging times, because our hope is eternal. Because of love, I can be patient with my children. Because of love, I work hard to communicate with my husband because I want to stand united. Because of love, I have joy overflowing. Because of love, I am fighting to get our Ethiopian child home to us as quickly as possible.
This week was hard. I felt like I couldn't do anything right. The gallon of milk leaked in the back of the van. The opened yogurt got knocked over in the fridge. The washer overflowed twice, (it's all better now). There was one piece of paperwork that has really been holding us up and frustrating me.Then I discovered that we might have had all of our documents notarized incorrectly. As a mom, I already feel rushed, and short on time. But, when little things keep happening to slow me down, the first thing I start to lose is my patience. This notary issue was almost my breaking point. I called Kenny at work and in a frantic whisper I told him my fears about the paperwork and that we might need to do some of it over. I couldn't talk in a regular tone, because I was trying to stay calm and keep it together. Again, I had to realize that we are not in control. And thank goodness, because obviously I would make a mess of things. Once again, I had to be reminded that God is in control, and I need to constantly surrender. Kenny was so calm, and just prayed and thanked God that He is in charge of this timeline. I called our agency, and it turns out that everything is fine. But, I can't tell you the amount of fear I felt in my heart. I didn't want anything holding us back from getting to our baby, ESPECIALLY a mistake. "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippiams 1:6 b. I have this verse next to our computer, and it encourages us daily.
When Lucy woke up from her nap today we went out to get the mail together. We discovered among the beautiful Christmas cards, a gift of $750 from our dear friends. I laughed out loud, and then I started crying, and then smiling, and then some more crying. It's Christmas. People have their families to provide for. Times are tough, and people do not have extra money. And yet, today of all days, another selfless gift was given to bring our precious baby home, and we passed our HALFWAY GOAL! 7 months ago we were at $0, and through the craziest journey of our lifetime, we already have $16,600. A million gallons of spilled milk and overflowing washers can't stop us from getting to our child. We will not be defeated! I am so encouraged this afternoon, and ready to go out there and raise the other half. In closing, I want to leave you with this picture of our darling girls. Maizie is almost 4 1/2, and Lucy Valentine will be 2 in March. Oh, the love they give us. Thank you Lord for our girls. They are our own little loves. These two are going to be the best big sisters in the world!
Because of Love.

Love! Love! Love this post! You are doing such a great job...in every area! You are a great mom, wife, friend. And you area a fantastic encouragement and blessed daughter of the KING! Can't wait to see how else He blows your socks off!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! So exciting to see how God is providing for your adoption!! And I totally get it about the notary...we had to have several of ours redone...not fun! But I was juse glad we caught the mistakes before we sent in our dossier!
ReplyDeleteOh!! I so remember those moments! We had several obstacles to bringing Beniam home and all were so incredibly frustrating at the time. Afterwards we looked back and realized that those things which had held up the process God worked to bring us OUR precious one. Had one of those things not happened we would have ended up with a different child. Continue to be encouraged...Our good God has your precious one set aside for you and might take you on a bit of a windy journey to get to him. God bless you!
ReplyDeleteWooHoo!!!! Love hearing how God is providing for adoption... So encouraging...!
ReplyDeleteNotary thing is crazy!
God bless... and Merry Christmas.
oh friend. thank you so much for those words. I had an awful day at work today but those words brought such hope and an opportunity to remember what life is really about. thanks for your example of how to LOVE and carry on. love you!
ReplyDelete