We just got home last night from an amazing camping trip. We went with my sister and her 2 boys. Her husband was in Oregon with his youth group at Camp Attitude (a wonderful place for camper's who have disabilities), so he couldn't be with us. They have an RV, so we all loaded in for an incredible week at lake Siskiyou, which is 15 minutes from Kenny's parent's home. Our nephews were here from Texas, so we got to visit with them, which was amazing. It was the first time we had all of our nephews together from both sides of the family. I will post some pics to give you an idea of the fun that was had by all. But I just want to say what a blessing it was. I didn't think about moving, raising money, when we were going to meet our child, etc, etc. I just focused on the moment being with our family and loving every minute. It was so nice to just relax in God's beautiful creation and surrender the future to Him.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Camping and Moving
So, if you read our blog, you know that we are moving. California state law requires a third bedroom if you have girls and are interested in a boy. Makes sense, but we were still surprised. This is making it all so real. We aren't moving because we want a bigger space, but because another child will be joining our family someday. When I get overwhelmed that we are moving in a week, I remind myself it's because we are really on the road to adopt, and it is so exciting and encouraging to me. So, we did not find a three bedroom in the right area, at the right price for our family, and we are moving in with my parents until we find the right one. I keep focusing on all the positives of this temporary move: Save money, pay off bills, my parents are amazing, have time to find the perfect home for us....did I mention my parents have someone who cleans their house? That fact alone, is enough to get me jumping for joy! So fun!
We just got home last night from an amazing camping trip. We went with my sister and her 2 boys. Her husband was in Oregon with his youth group at Camp Attitude (a wonderful place for camper's who have disabilities), so he couldn't be with us. They have an RV, so we all loaded in for an incredible week at lake Siskiyou, which is 15 minutes from Kenny's parent's home. Our nephews were here from Texas, so we got to visit with them, which was amazing. It was the first time we had all of our nephews together from both sides of the family. I will post some pics to give you an idea of the fun that was had by all. But I just want to say what a blessing it was. I didn't think about moving, raising money, when we were going to meet our child, etc, etc. I just focused on the moment being with our family and loving every minute. It was so nice to just relax in God's beautiful creation and surrender the future to Him.
We just got home last night from an amazing camping trip. We went with my sister and her 2 boys. Her husband was in Oregon with his youth group at Camp Attitude (a wonderful place for camper's who have disabilities), so he couldn't be with us. They have an RV, so we all loaded in for an incredible week at lake Siskiyou, which is 15 minutes from Kenny's parent's home. Our nephews were here from Texas, so we got to visit with them, which was amazing. It was the first time we had all of our nephews together from both sides of the family. I will post some pics to give you an idea of the fun that was had by all. But I just want to say what a blessing it was. I didn't think about moving, raising money, when we were going to meet our child, etc, etc. I just focused on the moment being with our family and loving every minute. It was so nice to just relax in God's beautiful creation and surrender the future to Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Honey, I loved all the camping pictures. It makes me so happy when you get to spend fun time with your sister and all the nephews on Kenny's side of the fam, not to mention Grammy and Pop-Pop! Your Daddy and I are thrilled that the move-in date has moved up a week! An extra week to spend with our loved ones! Who wouldn't want to be attached to Maizie and Lucy and have everyone stop us and rave about the girls' wonderfulnesses?! That had to be a plural because each of them has more than one wonderfulness!!
ReplyDelete