Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The loaves and the fishes

Our yard sales were absolutely incredible. God took the little things we had (with a few big items), and dollar by dollar multiplied the little into BIG! Who knew you could make so much from a couple yard sales. We made a total of $2700, and I'm still selling a few things on craigslist.org. It has been so amazing. We had people who baked for our bake sale, and it was hard to keep me from eating all of the wonderful treats. My family helped and helped, and we had so many faithful friends work and work. It's so amazing to realize how many people love and support us. We are truly blessed. You would not believe how full our house and garagewere. It seemed as though every inch of space was filled. It was crazy. We are so thankful it's over, and so thankful for the money for our adoption! I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of my family or of the other friends that helped us. Thank you everyone!

In other news, we have just been told that the state of California requires 3 bedrooms if you have 2 girls and are thinking of a boy. So, the Besks are on the move. We don't have a place yet, but we are praying that things will fall into place pretty quickly since we have started our paperwork, which puts us on a timeline. Exciting, yet scary to uproot our family from our cute little beach house where I feel like the sun is always shining on our backyard. We have some options, and we are just trying to pray and be patient before we just jump into something.

In closing, I wanted to leave you with some wonderful pictures from our yard sale adventures. Thank you all for your prayers, support and love.
We will be announcing a date for a benefit concert for our adoption fund in September that is going to be so much fun!!!
My friend Sarah Webber helped us sort and hang clothes for hours! Seth and Lucy were quite a help!


The garage. YIKES!Some beautiful baked treats from our dear friend Hannah Baldridge!


Security -hahahaha

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that outfit was the boys'. Glad to see someone enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies are amazing! I love that you have a friend who would go to that much effort for you. The rest of the sale looks like you were very well organized -- as much as you could be with so much. I'm glad you didn't lose Lucy V amongst all the STUFF! Or that someone didn't come early and want to purchase the cute little girl with curls.

    ReplyDelete